Friday, December 19, 2008

EARN GOODWILL FOR SUCCESS.

THE MISERY CALLED LIFE AND WAYS OF TACKLING THE IMPOSSIBLE.

I have lived a life full of actions all through out. There was never a dull moment in life. Every morning I wake up to the realization of the new challenges and problems to be solved for the day. While I do my daily chorus of shaving, bathing etc, I keep thinking also of all the day ahead and the ways and means of achieving for the day.

You may ask achieving what? Nothing material about it. It is only the small ways of contributing towards my employers’ wealth and business. Because, I get paid for doing that very job. As a retail banker my job is to open new quality accounts while retaining the existing customers as well, by keeping them in good humour.

Others have differed with me in handling the customers the way I do, and pointed out, that much is not actually required from me, as I was only a small fry in this huge world and as National Government as my employer and my manager to do the public relations exercise I am in real a blessed clerk who can actually be indifferent to my surroundings and just do the work allotted to me.

That would have been the best and most logical thing to do under such circumstances, but the fact is I am different, and wanted to take responsibilities of the whole office and always help out my manager, cashier or the peons as well, just to make sure the service is done quick and to the best possible manner to make sure the satisfaction of all those who walk in to our bank.

There have been my distracters, who always made fun of me by pointing out the good service given, when the customer is a pretty girl or a woman, but the reality is no matter who walks in to the bank, rich, poor, pretty, ugly, young, old, caste, religions nothing matters to me as I respect each individual for what he is and the due respect is meant for all, irrespective of the above mentioned factors, I have proved this over a period of decades in different places in India. No language or religion or the importance of the individual never made me work faster or slower as I maintain the same dignity towards all across the counter. That will remain as it was so far as the best practice to be followed for any individual, as I have proved to my colleagues who doubted my intentions at times.

The common decency is the best answer to all kind of characters as people normally are reasonable if you explain your difficulty in delay or some wrong entries which happens, and is only human to make such small and trivial mistakes. The problem creators are normally egoists and if you too are a guy with such ego, then the matter gets from bad to worse. My mind tells me there is no shame is accepting our mistakes when it is pointed out to you. Instead of trying to argue to prove the other guy wrong it is easier to accept our mistake and not repeat the same. That finally will be the time you are matured and good towards all.

Diplomacy is the best course in all situations instead of wasting our time arguing and proving a point or two to the listener. It is healthy to let the customer win the argument for we don’t want to lose a customer under any circumstances

The same goes in life as well by letting others’ win you actually end up having friends and not foes. All can do it simply by tuning our self under all such situations. Controlling
Our anger and frustrations is the key so as not to show on others, who have nothing to do with it. Ultimately your own health will get spoiled, every time you argue heatedly or while you shout, your own BP is bound to go shoot up resulting in our poor health in the long run.

My advice to youngster is to be cool and relaxed come what may. Every thing and every one around you, will change for good when you become good yourself.

Thoughts of Balakrishnan Mechakkat. For more visit ‘solitairebala’ in google

No comments: